More news from Catholics in Germany: "Conservative head of German bishops calls for change"

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by anglican74, Dec 30, 2020.

1. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    What does everyone think of this? Pretty awful if you ask me....

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-europ...self-described-conservative-calls-for-change/

Head of German bishops, self-described conservative, calls for change
    BERLIN — In a wide-ranging interview, the head of the German bishops’ conference called for far-reaching changes to the Catholic Church and criticized the Vatican’s treatment of the church in his country.

“I would describe myself as conservative because I love this church and enjoy devoting my life and my strength to it. But I want it to change,” Limburg Bishop Georg Bätzing told the magazine Herder Korrespondenz. His remarks were reported by the German Catholic news agency KNA.

Among other things, Bätzing suggested changing church teaching on homosexuality. The Catholic Church says homosexual acts are “intrinsically disordered,” but homosexuals are to be treated with “respect, compassion and sensitivity” and without discrimination.

Bätzing also wants church blessings for couples who cannot marry in the Catholic Church.

“We need solutions that are not only effective in private, but also have public visibility — yet make it clear that no marriage is being solemnized,” he said. In addition to homosexual couples, for example, people who remarry after a divorce are not allowed to marry as Catholics without the first marriage being annulled.

KNA reported that, in the interview, the Limburg bishop called for reforms of the participation of women in the church. He said it was becoming increasingly difficult to justify the ban on ordaining women deacons and priests. It was important to him to “honestly state the church’s arguments as to why the sacramental ministry can only be given to men.”

2. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Don't give an inch on dialogue. Eventually they will make orthodoxy outlawed. When ever this comes up just shoot it down no questions asked