Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by CFLawrence, Jul 15, 2020.

1. CFLawrence

CFLawrence Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Evangelical Episcopalian
    So tomorrow at noon I have auricular confession with my confessor, Mother Diana, a priest in TEC. The whole “Mother” thing weirds me out so I just call her Vicar for that is what she is.

the interesting part to this post is that based on the opinion of a few RC theologians and canon lawyers, and because of Coronavirus, and because my confessor is very far away except for Sunday Mass, we will be breaking new ground and CELEBRATING THE SACRAMENT OF CONFESSION OVER THE PHONE.

I have no doubt Christ will be with us both, and that my sins will be truly forgiven. But even just based on sheer distance this is almost the only workable option and I would like to avail myself of confession twice a month.

desperate times, desperate measures.

Just posted for your interest. I’ve always found confession deeply healing and if you get a smart confessor (always pick the smartest confessor, not the holiest) you can get some great counsel. My confessor had a whole career as a nurse first so she’s as sharp as they come!

Lowly Layman likes this.
  2. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Hope it goes well for you

3. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Confession over the phone with Mother Diana sounds safe enough... she can't chase you around with the broom, trying to swat you! :laugh: (I will never forget my own mom doing that...I was guilty that day, but I wasn't confessing....) :halo:

CFLawrence likes this.