Life after homosexuality

Discussion in 'Family, Relationships, and Single Life' started by Rexlion, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Here is some good evidence that people can leave behind past homosexual desires and live happy, well-adjusted lives. https://changedmovement.com/
    Click on the link at right "Read our Stories" for personal testimonies of lives changed by God. I like what Blake Michael said: "Though I still sometimes struggle with same-sex attraction, these feelings no longer control me." Also Christie Littleton, who felt attracted to other females as early as age 7, who wrote: "My life is great today. I haven't been with women in 12 years and haven't desired to."

Today I was reading some data from a CDC study. They found that during 2019 more than 3 times as many LGB teens (compared to straight teens) attempted suicide or seriously considered attempting suicide. It is unclear whether confused sexual identity is a cause or a symptom of suicidal thoughts, but those who remain chaste are at the lowest risk. Data here.

LJJW, strelitziaflower and anglican74 like this.
  2. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I think a foray into lesbianism was almost a rite of passage for women under 35 in our American culture. I've encountered many a girl who was 'bi' for a season and eventually settled down into a heterosexual relationship.

3. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    I have always heard and believed that women were much more fluid when it came to that.

Shane R likes this.