JW's at the door

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Pecanpie, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Pecanpie

Pecanpie New Member

US
    Religion:
    New Anglican
    This year the JW people have come to my neighborhood three or four times. Has anybody here experienced this: more JW's and Mormons stopping by to spread their evil doctrines?

A couple of weeks ago I tried to argue with one about them holding to the catholic/apostolic NT canon yet believing their false doctrines. A few days later some were standing outside looking at the house while one delivered a pamphlet. Minutes later two of them parked across the street and delivered pamphlets to a couple of households.

I wonder if these cults are up to something.

2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

i find giving them an intelligent case in support of Anglicanism sends them heading for the hills.

3. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    When they approach me at a bus stop or other public place I take their literature then dispose of it. :)

4. Fr. Bill

Fr. Bill Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican Christian
    "When they approach me at a bus stop or other public place I take their literature then dispose of it."

I do something similar when I visit my doctors' or dentist's offices -- check out the stacks of magazines, remove the heretical publications, and take them with me for disposal when I finish conferring with my doctor/dentist.

I don't recommend this (heh heh heh), but when I was in university, we enjoyed a very long spell of no JWs visiting us, after this happened ...

Four of us (all men) lived together in a three-bedromm two-bath house while we were undergraduates, and one summer day we were all in the back yard, scantily dressed as we tried to improve our tans. One of the roommates was "hefty," and had a very expansive gut that ordinarily overhung his belt. On this afternoon, he was clad in very short, white gym trunks, and that was it.

He went into the house to refresh his glass of tea, and he heard the doorbell ring. Through the glass and curtains, he saw what he was confident were two JW ladies. He threw open the door and greeted them warmly with a big grin. He was regaling us with this tale when he returned to the back yard, and as he spun his report, I could see what the two JW ladies obviously also saw -- at first glance, a naked man, since his gut overhung the very short gym trunks. If the trunks did register, they probably thought he was wearing whitey-tighties.

Though chagrined, the women bravely said they were distributing some literature. My roommate pushed open the screen door and said, "Oh now nice! Won't you come in and talk to me about it?" Instead of accepting his invitation, he told us they threw the brochures at him, turned, and ran down the walkway and down the street out of sight.

As I said, I don't recall ever having another JW visit while we lived there -- for another couple of years, it was.

RBrown and Peteprint like this.
  5. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Wherein do they get tenacity?