Jehovah's Witnesses

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by seagull, Dec 8, 2014.

1. seagull

seagull Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican
    The last two occasions when I've been approached by JW's I've said, "I'm sorry, I'm already spoken for: I'm a churchgoing communicant Anglican". On both occasions they've replied, "thanks, that's fine"....and gone away. Has anyone else had this experience?

2. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    Whenever JW's approach me, I take their literature, say "thank you" then, after leaving, dispose of it. I also dispose of it when I find it in doctor's offices, etc. I feel that is the least I can do.

Stalwart likes this.
  3. highchurchman

highchurchman Well-Known Member Anglican

Britain
    Religion:
    Anglican/Catholic
    My mother in the sixties wouldn't tolerate the J.W's and was quite rude to them when they came to the door! This was because of an incident at the local hospital over medicine for sick children. She didn't ever relent.
    For myself, I was always polite and took their literature . When they became to pushy, I pointed out the Anglican Catholic case and had a long discussion with two of them, a man & wife team. They still come around at intervals, nothing like the heavy practice interviewing that they carried out before, but leave my door alone.
    I'm still friendly with the two I became friendly with, we've grown old together, as it were!

Peteprint likes this.
  4. Classical Anglican

Classical Anglican Active Member Anglican

U.K.
    Religion:
    Church of England
    On the few occasions they have darkened my doorstep, I have welcomed them in and tried to minister to them. One individual I had spoken to eventually left that heresy. If I have the time, I always try to persuade them of their error.

Stalwart and Argentinian like this.