Is this the end for Communion Partners?

Discussion in 'Questions?' started by HiddenApostle25, Jan 31, 2021.

1. HiddenApostle25

HiddenApostle25 New Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Tomorrow, Bishop Love will officially step down as bishop of the diocese of Albany. Bishop Smith of North Dakota retired in 2019. Bishop Martins of the Diocese of Springfield will retire in a few months. It seems likely they will be replaced with bishops who are more like minded with the rest of PECUSA.

Is there any path forward for Communion Partners?

It is obvious that they are losing territory. At some point Communion Partners may be made of entirely of the diocese outside of the USA. I think many congregations will move to ACNA, but it won't be entire dioceses pulling out at this point.

2. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    I have no clue but before they moved to the ACNA I would put strict rules down. No more WO diocese being one

3. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    To me the “Communion Partners” were over even beforehand. They originally united as the last orthodox bishops in the Episcopal church for mutual support, and as a common phalanx. But when Bishop Love was persecuted through all of 2020, put on ecclesiastical trials, demeaned, they didn’t do diddly squat.

Fr. Brench likes this.
  4. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    The Communion Partners are mainly a Province IX (Latin America) remnant at this point. And a lot of those dioceses have fallen on hard times. The Romans tell the local populations that the Episcopal Church is the gay church and that doesn't get them much traction in their home countries.