Is this accurate: Continuing jurisdictions and the Ordinariate

Discussion in 'Church Strands (Anglo-catholics & Evangelicals)' started by Peteprint, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    Lowly Layman likes this.
  2. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Isn't that five years old? The ACA did go into Rome under Benedict, and now want back out under Francis.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  3. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    Yes, my mistake. Someone posted this on Facebook and when I first looked at the article it had the current date. Only farther down did it give the original date for the article. Sorry about that.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  4. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Happy Anglican
    Yes the article is old. No it is not accurate.

The ACA never went into the Roman Church in mass. A parish or two and a few priests. 100 parishes is creative thinking.

At one time, about 100 parishes, missions, groups, orders and a dioceses or two from all of the Anglican Churches in North
    American were THINKING about going to Rome. I believe in North America the number of parishes that converted is less than 50 in total
    over the five years, with less than 2000 members. It is extremely difficult to get accurate numbers from the Chair of St. Peter, the Ordinariate in North America.

The ACA and about 99.5% of the continuing Churches refused to go to Rome under the Benedict option as the Cardinals and Bishops
    put in charge did all they could to hamstring it. In the UK, the Ordinariate parishes for the most part do not use the Prayer Book.
    In fact, Fr. Phillips of Our Lady of the Atonement Anglican Use Parish in San Antonio had to raise funds to send them Prayer Books.
    They celebrated Mass in the Ordinary Form of the Roman Church. Not very prayerbook or Anglican.

Quietly, some priests and laity are swimming back to the Anglican Church. Or moving on to mainstream Roman Parishes. Recently
    Francis opened the Ordinariate up to Methodists in an attempt to increase numbers. Benedict had to send funds to the UK Ordinariate
    to keep it afloat.

The ACA and APA have an inter-communion agreement. Here is a link http://anglicanchurchinamerica.org/reunification.shtml

The APA also has an inter-communion agreement with the REC. A priest I know returned from Rome to the REC. He has now transferred
    to an APA parish.

On 13 July in Fort Worth, Texas there is an Anglo-Catholic conference with ACNA, REC and various continuing churches. I do believe the Archbishops of both the APA and the Anglican Catholic Church will be there. Archbishop Haverland is preaching at one of the Evening Prayer services.

Hope this helps.

I have some first hand knowledge as I was one who got excited when Benedict opened the gate, swam and am now swimming back. Alot of empty
    promises.

anglican74 and Lowly Layman like this.
  5. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Welcome back

Lowly Layman likes this.