Introduction of myself and my beliefs

Discussion in 'New Members' started by J_Jeanniton, Jun 19, 2021.

1. J_Jeanniton

J_Jeanniton Member

I am a new member here on this "Anglican Forums" forum. I am a Protestant and Bible believing Christian.

I believe in One and Only God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, the Unmoved Mover, the Unoriginated Originator of everything else, including myself, that exists; and that He created the whole world, and impressed upon all inanimate material beings, laws peculiar to their respective natures, which they always invariably obey, and upon all rational beings possessing free moral agency, He has prescribed laws defining the difference between those human actions which please God and which human actions displease God. Since mankind depends on his Creator for everything, he is therefore under obligation to conform to the Creator's will in everything. This will of the Creator is the Law of Nature, since the nature, constitution, terms, provisions, and binding obligation of these norms (as opposed to the tendency to actually OBSERVE and PRACTICE them) is just as inherent and intrinsic to the nature and reason of things as sweetness is to table sugar, or sourness is to lemon juice.

I believe that the light and law of Nature, Reason, and sound philosophy are sufficient & actually effectual to enable and encourage even the pagans to know, and even prove and predict in advance on the grounds of reason, enough of the truths of God, and of his Moral Laws to leave all mankind inexcusable (Rom. 1:20; Ibid. 2:14-15; Ps. 19:2-7; Heb. 3:4; 1 Cor. 5:1; Acts 17:26-27); yet they are neither sufficient, nor actually efficient to confer upon men those peculiar branches of the knowledge of God which are necessary, sufficient, or actually efficient unto salvation; and for this reason, God was pleased to remedy these defects by bestowing upon His chosen people a more immediate, precise, specific, and more fully detailed written miraculous divine revelation, which today, is to be found only in the Holy Scriptures.

I believe that the Bible and the Bible alone, not just as a whole, but in every part, however minute, is the infallible, inerrant, immaculate, irreformable, irrepudiable, intransigible, and irrevocable written divinely revealed and divinely inspired Word of God; and that upon the laws of nature and revelation, all human laws, and all church traditions and ecclesiastical rites and ceremonies depend: it is not lawful for the church nor the state to decree or prescribe anything contrary to the law of Nature, nor contrary to the Word of God written.

I also believe in every all and singular of the articles of the Nicene Creed and of the Creed of Athanasius.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  2. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Glad you are here. What denomination are you?

3. J_Jeanniton

J_Jeanniton Member

I am a Seventh Day Adventist, but I have decided to give the historical Anglican Doctrines, as expressed in the XXXIX Articles of Religion, the Book of Common Prayer (especially the 1662 edition), the Church of England Homilies and Catechisms the benefit of the doubt.

4. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Thank you for giving us so much information concerning your theological position. Welcome aboard, take a look around, find youself a seat at the mess table and get stuck in, shipmate. :)

5. Carolinian

Carolinian Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Great to have you! I take it that you are considering Anglicanism as well?

6. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    So, which version/translation of the Bible do you accept?

7. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Hello, and welcome. I'd like to ask, regarding the statement I underlined above (that man is "under obligation to conform to the Creator's will in everything"), how and to what extent do you mean this? Specifically, what do you think are the consequences of a Christian's failure to conform to God's will in everything?

8. J_Jeanniton

J_Jeanniton Member

The traditional King James Version 1611 without the Apocrypha.

9. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    So, not the “traditional” one. :laugh:

PDL, ZachT and Stalwart like this.
  10. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    If you choose the Authorised Version how do you make the decision to reject those fourteen books?

Stalwart and Invictus like this.
  11. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    As Anglican's we read them but don't make doctrine off of them.

Invictus likes this.