Interesting site

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Lloyd, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Lloyd

Lloyd New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Roman Catholic
    Hi All, I have done a little reading here and I have enjoyed this site. I was baptized Roman Catholic, my father lost his temper with the priest over tithing, so we moved to the Episcopal church where I was confirmed in 1969. I became a Baptist in 1976, then left the baptists, married a Buddhist. A couple of years ago I had a heart problem, then my mom passed. She had returned to her RC roots and left me her Catholic Catechism with notes about what she and I had talked about for years regarding the RC church. I was all set to enter RCIA, the priest forgot me when I showed up for an appointment to I returned to the Episcopal church about 8 months ago. I love my parish and my new faith family and it feels very, very comfortable. I even attend RC Mass on occasion, still. Oh, wife is still a Buddhist...

Lowly Layman likes this.
  2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Lloyd! May God richly bless your time here.

I am an Episcopalian too. I look forward reading your thoughts on the Forums.

God bless you in all you do!
    -LL

Lloyd likes this.
  3. Lloyd

Lloyd New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks LL, thank you and God Bless you as well. I have thought of leaving the Episcopal Church several times in the last few months. But when I pray about it, it seems God has me there for a reason. I haven't seen it yet, maybe it is just His way of opening my mind. A year ago, you would never have heard me claim to be a Christian.... A drunk? A partier? An adulterer? A liar? An atheist? Things happened to drive me back to finding God, Christ saved me, but this Episcopal parish provided me a home to grow in. I will be forever grateful to God for leading me there and to them for accepting me as broken as I was.

RBrown likes this.
  4. Swordswoman

Swordswoman New Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hi Lloyd, I'm a newbie too, I hope we will both be uplifted and grow in holiness. I have been pretty broken too; now I am realizing that there's no substitute for God's endless mercy.

Lowly Layman and Lloyd like this.
  5. Lloyd

Lloyd New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Roman Catholic
    Hi, Thanks.... When I first did confession, was forgiven and anointed it was like a new day for me. It took me a while to get to where I would do that, it just seemed so 'Roman Catholic'. But in the end each time has made me feel brand new. I was quoted something by the priest and have also read about reconciliation. Goes something like, None must, all may, some should... I was a shoulder

God bless you

Lowly Layman and RBrown like this.