How can generally speaking "impaired" Christians help church?

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by strelitziaflower, Oct 8, 2021.

1. strelitziaflower

strelitziaflower Member

Prefer not to say
    Religion:
    Roman Catholic
    I was thinking of serving rotary or Lions. I think that the secular organizations are excellent because there will be no gossiping or clericalism outside of church spheres. This is not fact, just my ideas.

If I could go back to school, I think it would be great to have an environmental club that encourages recycling, up-cycling and vegan cooking. Although I think vegan cooking is controversial because we should support our local meat businesses.

I really like Greta Thunberg, but NOT her protesting.

Do you have thoughts on how believers can in all seriousness and piety serve our church without being a danger to ourselves or worship communities?

I think that young people can and should study politics especially ENVIRONENTAL politics. Young people should help their communities, and one does not have to have brains to do anything.

2. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I am not sure In understand this thread. I am not sure what 'impaired' Christians are, other than of course to acknowledge that we are all spiritually impaired to some degree.

My view is that Rotary, Lions, U3a, and any other body of people, whatever there level of excellence, will always be open fields for mutterings and secrets, and whilst it may not be called clericalism, there will always be the tensions of the internal politic and whatever else passes around, simply because there will be people involved, and people are not perfect.

The Anglican Environmental Network, https://acen.anglicancommunion.org/ may well prove of interest to you.

As I have said in other places in this forum and in real life as well, I think as Christians we do better to speak of Ecology. It is a matter of relationship. Creation is a gift from our Father, Friend and Lover, and as Christians we ought cherish the gift as we cherish the giver. There is a real sense in which our relationship with the world around us is a reflection of our relationship with God. The difference between secular Environmentalism and Sacred Ecology, is that the secular sees the Environment as the ultimate thing in itself, whereas the Christian ought have a bigger view.

This has been in the news a bit lately, and the joint statement from the Oecumenical Patriarch, the Patriarch of the West, and the Archbishop of Canterbury is attached.

strelitziaflower likes this.
  3. strelitziaflower

strelitziaflower Member

Prefer not to say
    Religion:
    Roman Catholic
    Thank you for your reply.

What I meant by "impaired", was adult autism or ADHD that requires medication. You know, such people need flexible routines around work in order to be fruitful. (tried to be non-offensive).