Homosexuality in Irish Seminary

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by Aidan, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    The Roman Catholic ArchBishop of Dublin, Dermot Martin, has said that he will no longer send students to the national seminary in Maynooth Co Kildare because of an existing homosexual undercurrent. It's alleged that a gay dating website has been started by clerical students. I myself attended St Patrick's seminary Maynooth from 79-82, while I wasn't aware of homosexual activity there were innuendos about the sexuality of some of the students. At the time, I thought it merely salacious gossip, but I've since learned that there was a gang of predatory homosexuals in the seminary during my time who singled out vulnerable boys. I think my strong friendship with another student may have protected us both

2. DICKSON NG'HILY

DICKSON NG'HILY Member Anglican

Tanzania
    Religion:
    Anglican
    What?!!!! I am shocked...

3. Anglo1

Anglo1 Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian but still seek
    More reason the "rule of celibacy" needs to end. Not that I would be condoning open homosexual relationships. I am feeling that more of the gentleman are needing an outlet and have nowhere to turn but to each other.

4. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    Any man who needs a sexual outlet can always find a woman,even if he must pay her. Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice abhorrent to God as often stated in scripture

5. Anglo1

Anglo1 Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian but still seek
    You don't have to convince me. In the middle ages, priests and nuns hooking up was quite the norm.

6. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian