Holy Water

Discussion in 'Liturgy, and Book of Common Prayer' started by Anglican04, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Anglican04

Anglican04 Active Member Anglican

I'm the only one that uses it at my church, I wish others would too. What is the Anglican opinion on holy water? I heard Romans use it to drive away demons which I guess makes sense to me because it is holy water. Do we use it just as a remembrance of our baptism (if we have been baptized) and in our baptisms?

Stalwart likes this.
  2. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    I love holy water and always have some in my house. I cross myself with it and like to sprinkle a little before bed each night. The devil detests holy water.

3. Anglican04

I have some at my house as well. I like using it but don't fully understand the meaning behind it.

4. Tuxedo America

Tuxedo America Member

United States
    Religion:
    Latin Rite Catholic
    I keep meaning to get some for home. I always cross myself with it before entering and leaving church. It's a great sacramental.

5. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    I received notification that a post on this thread has been deleted as I was focusing too much on Catholic matters and this is an Anglican forum. I therefore apologise for any offence I may have caused

6. Anglican04

It's cool, I thought the post was interesting.

Cameron likes this.
  7. Cameron

Cameron Active Member

Newfoundland
    Religion:
    Catholic
    It is interesting! The Anglican parish at which I work uses holy water! And our priests always bless people with it! Anything blessed is holy and worthwhile.

Aidan and Anglican04 like this.