Hello, I'm new to the forum!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Alina, May 19, 2018.

1. Alina

Alina New Member

대한민국
    Hi,

I'm really new to Anglican church and church in general actually!

I have been agnostic all my life, partially due to my family background where my dad is partially Buddhist (He kinda believes it but he kinda doesn't) and my mom is a Ex-Catholic. They are both really agnostic.

Recently, I found God, and decided to go to church, so I'm going to the local Anglican church in my community!

I don't live in an English speaking country, and the Anglican church here is quite small, (Most people here are Catholic or other denominations - Methodist, Presbyterian or Pentecostal) so I don't yet have a lot of people to talk to, and then I came across this Forum.

I'm looking forward to getting to know great information here.

Anglican04 likes this.
  2. James Trumpeter

James Trumpeter New Member

England
    Religion:
    Church Of England
    Hi Alina

Nice to meet you. My name is James and I live in England. I am new to this site, but have been a part of the Church of England (Anglican) for many years. really nice to speak with you.

are you in North Korea ??

God bless

James

3. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Welcome. E Asia has had a rocky history with Anglicanism due to some aspects of British colonialism. There are a number of commemorations for E Asians in the Anglican calendar, most prominently the Martyrs of Japan. But you will learn about that as you go along.

Devote yourself to prayer and to reading the Scriptures and the Lord will guide you into a most beautiful encounter.

Anglican04 likes this.
  4. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Alina, I see you are from South Korea. In that case, 처음 뵙겠습니다 (Nice to meet you for the first time, Alina). I know a few Korean phrases, but not much else.

I know Catholicism has some reach in Asia. Glad to see an Asian Anglican here. Asian pop culture is big with many of my generation, and in the city I live in, we have a fairly big Korean population. I'm on the west coast of the USA.

5. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Welcome amongst us

6. Anglican04

Anglican04 Active Member Anglican

Welcome! I hope you can learn a few things, a lot of smart people post on here. If you haven't already, check out http://www.anglican.net/ . It's a site run by the same folks who own the forum and has classic Anglican documents.

7. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    Hello Alina. Welcome to the forum. I pray that God richly blesses you as you grow in the faith. Most Koreans I know are Presbyterians or Methodists, so it is nice to see that the Anglican Church is active in your country.