Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'New Members' started by bubble3082, Aug 17, 2020.

1. bubble3082

bubble3082 New Member

UK
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Hi everyone

I just wanted to say hello and basically just introduce myself. I'm a 37 year old single mum to two beautiful children. Growing up I attended a Church of England school but as the years passed I pretty much not only lost my faith but also my way. A few things have brought me back to faith, personal things which I'm not ready to share yet but I'm loving my new way of life. Before the dreadful coronovirus hit, I summoned all my courage and walked into my local church, a place I'd not been for over 20 years, fully expecting to be.....judged, quite honestly - I have children born out of wedlock, I have tattoos, I've sinned A LOT throughout my life, I'm unbaptised, and basically all the things that we traditionally 'believe' is against Christianity. I couldn't have been more wrong....I was made welcome from the moment I opened the door, and everyone was so lovely and put me completely at ease. I really feel like I've been welcomed unconditionally into my new church family.

I'm currently around halfway through the Alpha course, which is being done via Zoom, and it's been interesting and informative. Once restrictions are lifted more, I'm very very much looking forward to me and my children being baptised and officially becoming part of the wonderful Church. I can't wait!

I've learned so much that has been contradictory to my assumptions. There's always someone to answer any questions I have, and it's been a really positive experience so far. My faith has already been seriously tested during a family members illness, but I've found it also something to bring me comfort during hard times. I now see God's actions so much throughout daily life, when before I put it down to coincidence, etc. I know there's so much I need to work on personally, which is going to be an ongoing thing.

Sorry I'm rambling....I never seem to be able to write down what I want to say! Basically, I'm excited about my journey, and look forward to seeing where it takes me.

Dave Kemp, Lowly Layman and Tiffy like this.
  2. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  3. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    What you have said is enogh to convince me that you are doing the right thing. Sometimes it takes a lifetime of God letting us have our way for us to discover that really God was always there for us, even when we didn't seem to want Him to interfere with our plans.

I'm glad you are getting to know Him better. Just don't let his awkward children in the church, (there are always some), put you off though. We all have some rough edges which need smoothing.

Rexlion likes this.
  4. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    :signwelcome: Great to hear all this! It's encouraging to hear of people responding the God's tug on their hearts.

You may have thought that you were a big-shot, VIP sinner, but in reality you have much in common with the rest of us. All Christians are sinners; but we have been, are being, and will be redeemed by God's undeserved grace, through faith in Him. The more we've done wrong, the more grateful we are for what our Lord has done for us!

5. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Yep! But don't take that as an excuse to go and do something really bad everybody. :laugh:

6. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    Welcome to the forums and thank you for your honest introduction. :)

7. Lloyd Hobbard-Mitchell

Lloyd Hobbard-Mitchell New Member

Thailand
    Religion:
    Anglican (C of E)
    Matthew 9: 12-13

12 On hearing this, Jesus said, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.'

8. Dave Kemp

Dave Kemp Member Anglican

United States of America
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Welcome!

I’m a sinner too but working at not being with the help and guidance of Christ.

9. Cooper

Cooper Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    Welcome. Look forward to your posts in this forum.

Cooper

:)