Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Leacock, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Leacock

Leacock New Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    I've lurked on this forum from time to time and it seemed to be an interesting and orthodox forum.

I suppose one of the factors causing me to join is that I am feeling somewhat more isolated than usual from my parish due to liturgical and theological changes being pushed by the rector and I guess I am looking for a place where I can chat theology and learn more in a healthier environment.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I was reading Gerald Bray's The Faith We Confess on the 39 Articles and he said that Preservation Press published a handsome and affordable edition of the Homilies in 2006 and I have found little trace of it on the 'Net and was thinking people here may have a good idea how to find copies. That was probably the main reason for signing up here.

Stalwart likes this.
  2. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Welcome, and yes, people here seem to definitely strive to be on the orthodox side. I think I've seen the Homilies on the web in a few places (in plain serif font across the whole screen, not nicely designed as on this site). How is the Gerald Bray book?

3. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
  4. Magistos

Magistos Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
  5. Leacock

Leacock New Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    Bray's book is quite good, I finished it last night.

Based upon it I would be inclined to recommend the rest of that series by the Latimer Trust. It would work quite well for a study group.

The book was somewhat Low Church for my tastes but I really enjoyed how forthright he was about his views, no waffling.