Having to watch church online today

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by bwallac2335, Mar 21, 2021.

1. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    It is just not the same. My 5 year old is sick so we stayed out. I just hate not being at the service.

Botolph, Shane R and Stalwart like this.
  2. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I've been doing a lot of travel in the last month. The first time I was gone for a Sunday I drove out to a church that was supposed to be having a 10:30 service. When I reached the location it was an old place a few miles out in the country and I thought to myself they'd probably only turn out 6-8 people. No one ever came.

Yesterday I was on the road again and ended up visiting a small church in West Virginia. They had on their website that Sunday School was at 9:30 and Holy Communion at 10:45. I let my kids dawdle a bit with their breakfast thinking we'd probably still be rather early for the Communion service. We pulled up to a small storefront church at 10:09 and I could hear music from the street. They had shifted their schedule due to Covid, canceling the Sunday School and moving the Communion service to 10:00. So I had no opportunity to introduce myself to the pastor and tell him who I was. He served me communion anyway. Again, they had about 1/2 a dozen, which he told me was a low Sunday, even for Covid times.

So, totally unrelated to the OP, but a recent pet peeve of mine: keep your website/local advertisements current. There may just be someone trying to find you on a Sunday.

Stalwart likes this.
  3. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    I feel your pain. I went to a church that had the right number but wrong address. Thankfully they responded to a text and gave us the right direction.

Shane R likes this.