Happy Bonfire Night

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Scottish Knight, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Scottish Knight

Scottish Knight Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    For those in the Commonwealth happy bonfire night!

I always felt that since this celebration is more important than ever in todays' climate. We celebrate in this festival the failure of terrorism and so I will go out and enjoy the fireworks display knowing that our spirits will never be dampened :)

[​IMG]

On a less nationalistic note :p

I think it would be great to pray for muslims, especially ones full of hatred that they may come to know Christ and realise what they are doing is wrong and that al quaeda and the taliban and other terrorist organisations will eventually die out

2. rhiannon

rhiannon Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican (HIgh)
    Happy Bonfire night to you. As I sit here at the computer I am also watching the fireworks go at same time. I too like Bonfire Night and think we could do more to remember achievements whern we have foiled terrorists. Perhaps Bonfire Night could be extended to that...

3. Toma

Toma Well-Known Member Anglican

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Ironically all terrorism fails. Every single time an act like that is perpetrated or stopped before it happens, the entire target population is galvanized and gains confidence. It's amusing how totally ineffective terror-ism is. Thanks be to God, even in our fallen state we have a few useful qualities. :)

Let's not forget that this is the day a potential Papist takeover of the last true Catholic nation on Earth (in 1605) was stopped.

Scottish Knight likes this.
  4. Adam Warlock

Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

I don't think I've heard of Bonfire Night (going to look it up now), but I hope everyone has an awesome celebration

Scottish Knight likes this.
  5. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Thanks Adam :D Yes, it's a fascinating moment in history, and if the plot went differently might have led to a very different church of England

6. Scottish Knight

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Adam Warlock likes this.