Gospel

Discussion in 'Questions?' started by Elmo, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Elmo

Elmo Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I told you I'm here to ask lots of questions :sweating: :D

What is the Gospel asking one to do?

So, for instance, the Torah was given at Sinai to the Israelites and sets out how they are to be holy and good with God; this includes such as keeping kosher, niddah laws, so on.

In such vein, what does the Gospel ask one to do?

I'm not asking what the Gospel is, more what, upon accepting it, is one meant to do after, say, repenting to Jesus?

I know this is obviously a broad question. but broad answers, articles, links to stuff etc. are welcome.

2. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    To live a holy life, in response to God's choosing us...
    It's pretty simple... Not easy, but simple -- "Be holy, as thy father in heaven is holy"

Secular scholars often misinterpret the Torah as this series of works to earn God's merit... But in the Christian interpretation that's not what the Torah is about at all

If you think about the narrative in Exodus, what happens first, the mitzvot/works of the Torah, or the salvation of the Jewish people? In the secular mindset it should be first the works, and then the salvation.. But in actuality, in alignment with Christian theology, it is first salvation and then the works! so the books of the Torah match the gospel of the new testament.. in fact it is the same exact message.. First we are adopted by God, "he chose you, you did not choose him", and then we respond to it by mirroring his holiness, and striving to battle "the world, the flesh, and the devil" until we are received by God into the beatific vision

3. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    To be perfect, as we were intended to be.

4. Annie Grace

Annie Grace Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican (Australia)
    Jesus made it clear:.

Mark 12:30-31

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”