Future for the youth in England

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Stalwart, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Liturgyworks

Liturgyworks Well-Known Member Anglican

US
    Religion:
    Christian Orthodoxy
    And this is most unfortunate. While I dislike J/Ws and Mormonics, if some Southern Baptist gents came a knocking I would receive them with great warmth and delight. Can one still request visitation with the SBC?

2. Liturgyworks

US
    Religion:
    Christian Orthodoxy
    Indeed so @Stalwart and @Anglo-cracker ; I have read this news with jubillation. The Gospel of Matthew quotes the assurance of our Lord that the Gates of Hell cannot prevail against the Church; the Muslims have tried to kill it since the 7th century, the Communists since the 20th, and it is still here, and stronger in places like Russia and China than ever before. There is also an underground church in Mongolia.

In India, where Christianity has been present since probably 46 AD, it is now the third largest religion (Hinduism and Islam are the largest and second largest respectively); it also has more adherents than Jainism and Sikhism combined.

3. Anglo-cracker

Anglo-cracker Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    almost anglican
    I am sure if you asked for a visit someone, likely the senior pastor and maybe a deacon, would be at your door by end of week. Being Orthodox, you might have some lively conversation, as many baptists (not all) do not consider EO or RCC to be true christians. This has always been troubling to me, and is one of the factors that is driving me away from SBC.

Liturgyworks likes this.
  4. Liturgyworks

US
    Religion:
    Christian Orthodoxy
    Indeed, but I consider them Christians.

5. Anglo-cracker

Anglo-cracker Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    almost anglican
    Its a sad thing really. Many baptistic denominations subscribe to the theory that the Church apostasized soon after the apostolic age or at the time of Constantine. Some will even discredit the Reformers and make the claim that the true gospel was not recovered until the Second Great Awakening in the mid 19th century. I have heard this taught from the pulpit, from the likes of David Jeremiah (no big suprise there) and John MacArthur who actually accused Hank Haanagraff of apostacy when he converted to EO in 2017. I was very disappoined in MacArthur for that, he was quite uncharitable about it. MacArthur is very anti-catholic, so I shouldn't be suprised.
    The church I attend is not so extreme, and our pastor rejects the false history narrative.