Forum Members Christian Artworks Here

Discussion in 'From Our Members' started by neminem, Dec 1, 2017.

1. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Please share with us any of your Christian based visual artworks on this thread.
    Artworks can be any visual art media, as long as it is your own.

It would be good if you could share with us a little bit about the artwork. Like, why you chose that particular theme, etc.

Personally, I hardly do any artwork, perhaps one or two paintings every ten years. I have been too busy doing other things. However, sometime next year I am hoping to have all the time I like to pursue some creativity. Over the past ten years I have sketched some layouts for future artworks based on Christian themes. Some of these ideas have already been started, but not yet reached the point where I consider requiring daily dedication to get them completed.

What I enjoy about creating Christian art is the spiritual aspect of what is being created. It is a way of continuous communion with God and Christ while playing with the creative side of it. Often I get further insight or revelation about what is being created. It is like an extended meditation on the one theme.

So please feel free to post images of your Christian art (completed or not).

Routa likes this.
  2. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    About twenty years ago, just before dusk, I was baptized in Lane Cove River (Sydney). It was an amazing experience for me. That night I drew a sketch of the occasion. Whenever I look at it, I get reminded of how significant baptism is. I am no longer alone. The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, guides me along the way of truthful living on a daily basis. My cup (heart) runneth over with Living Water.

In the sketch, I am being raised out of immersion and a sudden rush of awakening is about to take over me.

[​IMG]

WendyP, PotterMcKinney and Aidan like this.
  3. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    A beautiful piece. Were you actually baptised by immersion?

4. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Baptized by water immersion and Spirit (laying of hands), at the same time by three other brothers.

5. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    The Old Nature (without Jesus Christ).

[​IMG]

Life without Jesus Christ is a heavy yoke indeed.
    It was a life without life. It is struggling through the darkness with fear and tension.
    The no-life is referenced and centred around 'self'. Out of my own fear (lack of faith) I created most of my own stumbling blocks (self-sabotage), though I didn't not think so at the time (denial). Evil fed of my wasted/bled life-energy due to my fears and tensions. I was imploding under the stress and strain.
    This is the exact opposite to following the way, the truth, and life of Jesus Christ.

This drawing reminds me of what it was like.

PotterMcKinney likes this.
  6. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Judging What Is True

[​IMG]

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Similarly, what is visible and on the surface is not necessarily so.
    Truth has a way of cutting through all that is irrelevant to itself.
    This world of the visible is all illusive to what is really going on underneath.
    The world is made up of veils (cover-stories) of what is really true.

From facial make-up, through the body, to the spirit underneath.
    From physicality, through to atomic structures, to pure energy underneath.
    From printed Scriptures, through its stories and definitions, to its Divine Truth (God) underneath.

Recently, at what level have we been mostly preoccupied with?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    PotterMcKinney likes this.
  7. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
  8. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    My Cup Runneth Over

[​IMG]

Psalm 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. [KJB]

WendyP, Aidan and PotterMcKinney like this.
  9. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I put some banners together based on the Advent Antiphons - often called the O Antiphons. If anyone wants to use them for a Church website etc, you are more than welcome. Each one of them has a depth worthy of reflection. Happy Advent.

AdventAntiphons01.jpg

AdventAntiphons02.jpg

AdventAntiphons03.jpg

AdventAntiphons04.jpg

AdventAntiphons05.jpg

AdventAntiphons06.jpg
    AdventAntiphons07.jpg

Aidan, neminem and Lowly Layman like this.
  10. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

11. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
  12. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Thank you so much Philip for your beautiful act of praise and worship

13. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    [​IMG]

Luke 17:6 He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.

WendyP, Aidan, anglican74 and 2 others like this.
  14. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Beautiful, thank you

15. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Lovely. Thank you brother

16. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Thank you all for your responses.

I have to say that the verse (Luke 17:6) has puzzled me.
    "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.​

I know that the tree will be uprooted and planted in the sea, but how does it do that?
    If Jesus said to my "take off and fly to the other side of the field", how am I to OBEY and take off and fly?
    What I mean is, I think there is some other truth involved here.

If my faith was as small as a mustard seed, which follows God's plan (DNA) to the letter, it will grow to a big tree. So, if my faith follows God's will and plan to the letter, I too will obey God's plan. It is God's plan that makes the mulberry tree become uprooted and planted in the sea. It is God's doing, and not the mulberry tree itself.

Same with the mountain. The mountain does not relocate itself, but God relocates it for it is His plan to do so.

[​IMG]

What is required from us is to be unconditionally faithful to God's will. To hand over our life and will to the care of God in all things.
    In doing so, we no longer know or do anything for self. To say to a mountain to move from here to there is simply repeating what God tells us to say, just like Jesus Christ has done out of pure obedience to his Father.

Well, that is how I see it.

WendyP and Lowly Layman like this.
  17. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Several years ago I have a very vivid dream of a symbolic image. The image was that of an eye which had an intense white light radiating from within and shining through the pupil. The surrounding skin was yellowish-gold. The skin was covered in many scars that appeared golden in colour. The overall impression was that the image represented Redemption. Christ's Passion scars not only healed but become the touchstone to Purity, Truth and Love. The image was so startling for me that it awoke me from my sleep. I sat up and cried out of gratitude for what Jesus Christ has done for us, as well as the gift for the vision.

A quick sketch of what I saw in my dream that night.
    [​IMG]

Later I did a drawing in the hope of getting a better idea of what I envisioned about the eye.
    [​IMG]

An oil painting in progress. I am using for the first time a technique called glazing. It is obvious to me that I am not good at doing the task. Also, because I started of with too much oil, the waiting period for it to dry, before applying another coat, takes months. It's a slow process, but I think it will turn out much better than it is shown here.
    [​IMG]

WendyP, Aidan, Botolph and 1 other person like this.
  18. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    ChaliceAndCross.png

Hi, It is a simple image I drew, based largely on the idea of promoting a balance between prayer and sacrament connecting us into the circle of God's love. I have used in in various ways on a number of sites, where I think it works mainly for the simplicity.

19. neminem

neminem Active Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Yes it is a good symbology, and it works well.

20. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Wonderful. I love the imagery of the cross rising from out of the chalice. Also the upper hemisphere is much lighter which is reflected in the chalice