Evangelical pearls: Don't waste your life

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by Old Christendom, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Old Christendom

Old Christendom Well-Known Member

Religion:
    Reformed
    Don’t Waste Your Life (link)

From the 2011 Ligonier National Conference, John Piper exhorts all of us to not waste our lives on such trivial pursuits. Only a life passionately devoted to the cross of Christ and the glory of God will be considered a life not squandered on the last day.

Incense and Toma like this.
  2. Old Christendom

Religion:
    Reformed
    I know that it's about an hour long and that Piper sometimes comes across as too forceful but it's quite worth it.

Toma likes this.
  3. Incense

Incense Active Member

Do you know if they have a transcription of the talk?

4. Old Christendom

Religion:
    Reformed
    I'm not sure, Incense.

You're not able to watch the video?

5. Incense

Incense Active Member

I am able to watch it, but it would have been helpful a bit if I had the text while I hear. But anyway I will listen to it, thanks :)

Old Christendom likes this.
  6. Incense

Incense Active Member

Wow! I thank you so very much for sharing that OC!

It remind me of this passage in Philippians 2:8-11 (this is my favourite passage maybe of all times)
    8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Old Christendom likes this.