Evangelical Anglicanism

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by TemplarKnight40, Dec 4, 2018.

1. TemplarKnight40

TemplarKnight40 New Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hello Everyone!

I haven't been on the forums for quite awhile now, I'm recently returned to the Anglican Church and I wish everyone a Holy Advent!

I wanted to know what Evangelical Anglicanism, and does it differ from other Evangelicals, as Calvinist or Lutherans?

I'm extremely interested in this movement, and I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible.

Thank you oft all your help and God Bless!

JoeLaughon likes this.
  2. JoeLaughon

JoeLaughon Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Reformed High Anglican
    Evangelical Anglicanism emphasizes the Protestant and Reformed nature of Anglicanism. Good historic examples would be Lord Ashley, Charles Simeon and George Whitfield. Modern evangelical Anglicans would be John Stott and JI Packer (among others).

3. Shane R

Shane R Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Evangelical Anglicanism, as with all Anglicanism, allows for some variety. You can be Reformed, Lutheran, or even Arminian although I would guess the Reformed camp is the largest. The Charismatics are primarily Arminian, except those who have gone full Pentecostal and embraced the "four-fold gospel" or the Prosperity gospel.