Ethiopian Biblical Canon

Discussion in 'Sacred Scripture' started by Jeffg, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Jeffg

Jeffg Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Lutherpalian
    I've come accross a referance to the Ethiopian Orthodox church accpeting some books in the Old Testament as Cannonical : I, II and III Meqabyan, as well as Jubilees and Enoch as well as a history of Israel written by Josephes. I've never heard of theI, II and III Meqabyan, and from what I've read Jubilles and Enoch are at best very questionble. Any comments/feedback/conversation around this ?

2. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Funny you ask. I was just researching Jude in relation to its quotations from the alleged book of Enoch. In it, the fallen angels who came to earth during Noah's time to seduce women and produce the Nephilim were called The Watchers. A famous UFO encounter known as The Andraesson Affair involved a supposedly Christian woman being visited in her home one night by aliens who referred to themselves as such. They opened up a bible she had on her table and claimed some connection to the events in the bible. However, everything they taught was demonic new age anti-Christ deception and should not be taken as a revelation from God. Still, worth mentioning.