EO clergy reporting confessions to Soviet agents; also Metropolitan Nikodim was gay?

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by anglican74, Mar 1, 2021.

1. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    In a recent conversation about the Eastern Orthodox churches, especially in Russia, a friend of mine who's been studying russian for some years has made some incredible statements.. Now I don't know if it is true,so wanted to ask if anyone here knew the language and and could vouch or disprove these following statements

He claims that a large part of the russian hierarchy is gay, as reported by several clergy themselves, including a recent gay orgy scandal by the monks in a monastery; and especially that Nikodim, the Metropolitan of the whole Russian Church in the 1960s-80s, himself was gay and surrounded himself with his gay lovers whom he ordained;

For source, he gave several interviews like the one below, where the guy in his youth served in the boys choir under Nikodim, and was propositioned into gay sex from the clergy:

https://youtu.be/zcjKJ7FHDLM

He specifically gets into this after the 53 minute.

Also, at the 50 minute, he speaks about personally witnessing the EO priests reporting to the Soviet agents all the people who confessed to them, sharing each person's sins, vulnerabilities, and fears that could be manipulated...

The latter spiritual crime was WIDELY practiced in the Roman church, especially among the jesuits who used Auricular Confession as a vehicle to spy on all the kings & nobles of Europe!

All this really exposes the evils of auricular confession, underlining why our early church fathers abhorred the use of this practice...!

2. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Yes I slowly turned against private confession. The Bible says the keys were handed to the disciples but it did not say in what manner the to do so. General Confession is just as valid as private confession and our sins are truly forgiven when we repent and the priest announces absolution

anglican74 likes this.