Dual Integrity Facade

Discussion in 'Sacraments, Sacred Rites, and Holy Orders' started by JoeLaughon, Mar 8, 2019.

1. JoeLaughon

JoeLaughon Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    ACNA
    Reading this recent interview posted in Anglican Pastor, which is definitely influential in ACNA, it's clear that, if we go by Ms. Harrison Warren's views, there is no hope for peace between the jurisdictions that have "WO" and those who do not. One must subsume the other.

If ACNA has WO due to the logic of Ms. Harrison Warren, it will turn into little more than TEC but lagging by 20 years.

http://anglicanpastor.com/ask-an-anglican-pastor-an-interview-with-tish-harrison-warren-pt-1/

Will_ likes this.
  2. JoeLaughon

JoeLaughon Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    ACNA
  3. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    Yes, I saw this several weeks ago, and her argument is that the laity should actively support WO or it might go by the wayside.

4. Fr. Brench

Fr. Brench Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    The experience of the ACNA on this issue is so locally variable that I've mostly given up talking about it in public. Some dioceses utterly rule out WO, and others embrace it whole-heartedly. The former are more numerous, but the latter are larger, if I'm not mistaken, so it's not really an easy case to identify a "majority" opinion or trend.

Personally I am not convinced of the scriptural defense of WO, but I serve in a diocese that is adamantly committed to the practice, so it would be detrimental to my public standing to speak against it too loudly. If only more folks (on either side of the argument) could spend more time surrounded by their opponents, perhaps there'd be less offensive combative language and more careful consideration of how to resolve this. Thankfully, it seems, at least our college of bishops are able to talk to each other about it...

Stalwart and Peteprint like this.