Christchurch New Zealand

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Botolph, Mar 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    In this part of the world we have been shocked and rocked when a lone shooter opened fire in a Mosque in Christchurch New Zealand, killing some 50 people. Today we prayed for our brothers and sisters across the ditch (as we refer to the Tasman Sea). I am as appalled by this action as I am by the massacre of Christians in other places.

Today we prayed:

Treasure
    Grant us Lord, and to all, the will and the capacity to treasure one another regardless of nationality, race, religion, politics, opinion, gender, colour, education, language, or whatever else we perceive permits us from failing to recognise your image and likeness in each other

Lord in the darkness Let your light shine

I invite you to join me in this intercession.

2. AnglicanAgnostic

AnglicanAgnostic Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    I would just like to echo Botolph's sentiments. We have always thought of New Zealand as a safe and peaceful place. Everyone is shocked here by what has happened. Fortunately NZ has a varied and tolerant society and everyone is pulling together to combat this despicable act and reaching out to each other in commendable ways.

Botolph likes this.
  3. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    May our Lord comfort those who have lost loved ones. And Father, you taught us to love our enemies and do good to those who spite us. So we ask, may the Holy Spirit bring the truth of the Gospel to the one who perpetrated this horrible act of hatred, that he might yet feel remorse, repent, and turn to our Savior Jesus Christ for forgiveness of his sins. We ask this in the name of Jesus, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever

4. Dave Kemp

Dave Kemp Member Anglican

United States of America
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Safe in the arms of Jesus.

Botolph likes this.