catholic devotions

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by mark fisher, Mar 13, 2023.

1. mark fisher

mark fisher Member Anglican

canada
    Religion:
    high church anglican
    is there any problem with anglicans praying devotion such as the sacred heart or the divine mercy

2. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    I'm not aware of either being forbidden in private devotions but also suspect that very few Anglicans are aware of the existence of either or would have much interest in using them. They are very much exclusively expressions of Roman Catholic piety I think.

3. Br. Thomas

Br. Thomas Active Member

U.S.A.
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    There are members in the Anglican community that pray devotions to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. One explanation of it can be found at this link online.........https://www.stmichaelacc.org/why-series-the-sacred-heart-of-jesus/ I, myself, am consecrated to The Sacred Heart of Jesus. I was doing the First Friday Devotion with a Benedictine monk/Anglican priest, locally, but he has now moved to establish a priory in the US State of Virginia. Typing in "First Friday Devotion" on any web-browser should give you information of the practice of First Friday Devotion, too.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    Botolph likes this.
  4. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Anglicanism is a broad church. You will find such devotions among some Anglo-Catholics. At the opposite end of the spectrum Evamgelicals would be opposed to them. I see absolutely no spiritual harm in them. They are merely private devotions even in the church from which they originate, i.e. the Roman Catholic Church.

Lowly Layman likes this.