Camp!

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by BrethrenBoy, Jun 28, 2013.

1. BrethrenBoy

BrethrenBoy Member

The United States
    Religion:
    Anabaptist
    So I've been getting ready to leave for Youth Camp next week at the local Church of the Brethren camp, Camp Alexander Mack, and I've discovered that the Episcopal Diocese of Northern Indiana will be having their Sr. High Camp at Camp Mack at the same time. I may just sneak over during free time and see if I can make some friends! :)

2. BrethrenBoy

BrethrenBoy Member

The United States
    Religion:
    Anabaptist
    And maybe learn a little about Anglicanism. :) :D

3. Celtic1

Celtic1 Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Celtic Christian
    As an "Anabaptist Anglican", it sounds good to me.

Good luck! :)

4. Lux Christi

Lux Christi Active Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican (Anglo-Catholic)
    Have fun, hun! :D

5. BrethrenBoy

BrethrenBoy Member

The United States
    Religion:
    Anabaptist
    I was pleasantly surprised to find that our camps should overlap again this year. I've been hoping for a rematch of the Brethren vs. Episcopalian ultimate frisbee game. :D I'll want to try and get out of our rest time and go see the Anglican Eucharist service on the middle of the week. Somehow I missed seeing the Bishop at the camp last year. :)

6. BrethrenBoy

BrethrenBoy Member

The United States
    Religion:
    Anabaptist
    Tomorrow I leave for camp this year. :) Supposedly, we're going to have a whole camp capture the flag game against the Episcopalians this year. I can't wait. :D

7. BrethrenBoy

BrethrenBoy Member

The United States
    Religion:
    Anabaptist
    Well, I just got back from camp. I had a really awesome time! One of the best parts was a joint campfire we shared with the Episcopalians. We alternated back and forth teaching each other our favorite campfire songs. I was in charge of the Brethren half, and loved the whole thing. We had people from both camps on both teams in the capture the flag game, probably because the Brethren camp greatly outnumbered the Episcopal camp. Regardless, the first round was a tie due to time running out, and the team I wasn't on won the second round. I hope this continues next year. :D

Lowly Layman and Spherelink like this.