1. Casey O'Brien

Casey O'Brien New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hi ,

I was wondering if someone could help me!!
    I am getting married in October of this year at St Mary's Cathedral in Sydney (Catholic Church) as my Fiance is Catholic. I was gathering all of our baptism certificates because we need to supply our own priest. However i have stumbled across an issue. I have always been told i was baptised as a Anglican the same as my older sister, i was in the process of finding my baptism certificate with no avail so i began ringing church after Church where my parents said i could have been baptised. Not one of the church's have a record of me being baptised. What do i do?? It is a condition in order for me to be married at St Mary's that i do require a baptism certificate. I have photos of me in my christening dress with my sister holding me and numerous other ones but no actual photo of me in the church getting baptised. Is this enough evidence for me to be granted a conditional baptism from the Anglican church or would it be safe to assume that i have not been baptised and should i start looking into getting it done. I don't only want to be baptised because i want to get married in a certain church, it was a shock to me find out that i have more than likely not been baptised whilst the rest of my family have been. I also went to a Catholic high school and visit church not as regularly as i should but on Easter & Christmas. If anyone could give me any info which could help me as i have phoned so many places and i don't really understand or haven't really had my questions answered.

Please help, i am just so confused as to what i am supposed to do. :)

2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Perhaps the Anglican church in Australia can perform a conditional baptism. Here is the Rite from the BCP from here in America:
    REVISED: Oops! I must have skipped over the part where you mentioned the conditional baptism avenue. I would say to take your evidence to the parish priest, explain the situation, and see what he says. Hopefully, ot can be solved there. If not, move it up the chain of command. This shouldn't really be a big problem.

3. Casey O'Brien

Casey O'Brien New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Ok Thankyou!! I shall do this :)

Stalwart likes this.
  4. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Franciscan - Anglican
  5. Casey O'Brien

Casey O'Brien New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Thank you so much i really appreciate it.