Archbishop Foley Beach's October Letter

Discussion in 'Church Strands (Anglo-catholics & Evangelicals)' started by Ananias, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Ananias

Ananias Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    ACNA
    Letter can be found here.

I quote the following because it literally made me exclaim "Hallelujah!":

This sort of thing is specifically why I have high hopes for ACNA going forward. It has its problems, as all churches and church organizations do, but I see orthodoxy, passion and wisdom in our leadership and a clear vision for the future.

I thank you God for leading me to an Anglican church that operates in the spirit of the Reformation, yet maintains the distinctiveness, gravity, and beauty of Anglican practice. I thank you God for giving me a Godly pastor who preaches the true Gospel and truly cares for his sheep. I thank you God for leading my church through the Holy Spirit to the production of a new BCP that is true to the theology and beauty of the 1662 edition.

Finding the Anglican church has been for me like finding an oasis in the desert. I do not deserve this grace, but I am profoundly grateful to have received it.

I thank you God for the fellowship and love of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

I pray for our persecuted Christian brothers and sisters throughout the world, and for those here at home who seek but have not found salvation.

I pray for Archbishop Ben Kwashi, who is being treated for cancer, that he will have the Lord's peace and that God will give his physicians wisdom in treating him.

Amen.