Angry pensioner or godly prophet?

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by JoeLaughon, Sep 5, 2019.

1. JoeLaughon

JoeLaughon Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    ACNA
  2. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Rochester Cathedral said the golf course, which closed last Sunday, has helped improve general visitor numbers, with an 85 per cent increase in visitors since last year.​

“The response to the crazy golf has been amazing,” Reverend Nathan Ward said. “It was designed to engage local people, especially families, and welcome them into their community space.”​

Aside from his use of the flowery rhetoric tense I have a feeling that a goodly number of faithful christians may have a modicum of empathy for Micheal Feeney. I am not sure quite what the Reverend Nathan Ward was saying quoted here. I have never really thought of a Cathedral as being 'community space', unless he is suggesting that are forefathers should have built fewer cathedrals and more golf courses. I think I prefer to see Churches are 'thin places' where something of the wonder and the mystery of the eternal breaks through, and in catching the vision there we are better enabled to highlight God's presence in the world for others with whom we live our lives.

3. JoeLaughon

JoeLaughon Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    ACNA
    You can look at Rochester Cathedral from Google Maps. There's more than enough empty space next to it to accommodate a mini-golf course.

Liturgyworks and Stalwart like this.
  4. Liturgyworks

Liturgyworks Active Member

US
    Religion:
    Orthodox Christian
    Definitely a Godly man, although I would call him a Confessor (having been the victim of libel in the press) rather than a Prophet.