Anglican Focus

Discussion in '2022 General Discussion' started by CRfromQld, Jun 30, 2022.

1. CRfromQld

CRfromQld Moderator Staff Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    My Question: Who writes Anglican Focus? It appears to be academics and clergy approved by ACSQ. There isn't even the opportunity for comments so no feedback.

Reply: [27/01/2022]

Thanks for your email and for your interest in the publication.

My name is Michelle and I am the part-time Editor of anglican focus, which was launched in October 2018.

We welcome contributions from people across our Diocesan community.

anglican focus currently has 560 individual contributors.

As anglican focus is a Diocesan publication, these contributors are largely drawn from within our Diocese’s three Regions and include community members from our parishes, schools, Anglicare, theological college, ministries, and staff and clergy based at our Cathedral Precinct.

For example, 100 of these contributors are young parishioners and school students under the age of 18.

The content included in the below e-news was based on most-clicked digital analytic results for 2021 and covered all news site menu options, except ‘Pray Daily’, ‘Events’ and ‘Jobs & Announcements’ (which either have a short shelf-life or expire).

Thus, reader interest determined the content rather than approved selections.

The news site’s content intentionally seeks to show the breadth of Anglicanism, which is one of our Church’s primary strengths.

Re your question about comment options: as I oversee the site part-time (without staff writers) and in order to keep the news site free, we don’t have the resourcing yet to action comments, which requires time-consuming moderating.

In the meantime, we encourage readers to share content on their social media pages, which is easy to do given the various sharing options on each news site page.

People are also welcome to submit feedback directly to me.

Michelle McDonald (she/her)
    Editor of anglican focus
    Parishes & Other Mission Agencies Commission

Level 1, St Martin’s House
    373 Ann St, Brisbane Q 4000
    GPO Box 421, Brisbane Q 4001
    P: 0466 842 835
    E: mmcdonald@anglicanchurchsq.org.au
    W: https://anglicanfocus.org.au/

2. CRfromQld

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    p.s. Just found this from 27/01/2022 while clearing my inbox. Formatted as per original reply; one sentence per paragraph.

3. CRfromQld

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Have you noticed that there is a depressing uniformity is style for every article? I noticed this looking through the last issue. It's as if, and probably is, every article was written by the same person using a standard template. Even articles supposedly written by different people don't show any individual personality.