Anglican bishops stand up against abortion

Discussion in 'Family, Relationships, and Single Life' started by anglican74, Feb 23, 2022.

1. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Cooper and Br. Thomas like this.
  2. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    When I saw the thread of this post I was naïve enough to think that perhaps a C of E or TEC bishop had come out and spoken against abortion. Of course, I should have known only such a stand would be taken by Continuing Anglicans. If only they existed here in England I'd be joining them.

Cooper and Rexlion like this.
  3. anglican74

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Right?.. I was with them it was glorious

we need to stand up for human life more than ever, in the face of the transhumanist global monstrosity which is beginning to peer down upon our planet

Cooper, PDL, Br. Thomas and 1 other person like this.
  4. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    I do think the ACC has a presence in England

Cooper and Br. Thomas like this.
  5. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    We in the ACNA don't think of ourselves as a Continuing Church (which has a somewhat specific meaning). We fully ground our identity as the new Anglican Province, the only one, stretching all over the US; the continuing churches do not strive for that.

It is true that we have had some run-ins with the current Archbishop of Canterbury, but it is to be expected, given that we were just formed; plus, he himself is in an increasingly greater tension with Christian orthodoxy. Any province like ours will be viewed by someone like him with dislike. However he is not a Pope, and doesn't make or unmake someone as an Anglican. The majority of the world's Anglican primates recognize ACNA and are in communion with us. That is a better foundation for an Anglican identity than the momentary whims of a man who is himself increasingly distant from Christian orthodoxy.

And there are many such Anglicans as us in the UK (albeit in earlier stages of formation). The Lord does not leave his sheep abandoned. The ACC is also in England if you'd prefer something which is already established (although you'd need to see how far or close to you they are).

Cooper, Dave Kemp and Br. Thomas like this.
  6. Br. Thomas

Br. Thomas Active Member

U.S.A.
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
  7. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    @bwallac2335 and @Br. Thomas you're both correct. The ACC does have a presnece in the UK and I know of them. For some reason only my brain cells know I've never equated them with Continuing Anglicans. I do think I'm ready to be admitted to the home for the mentally bewildered:loopy:

They have a church within travelling distance so I shall have to give it some thought.

Rexlion and bwallac2335 like this.
  8. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    The Texas law cut was mentioned in the article. It did reduce the number of abortions in Texas, but the numbers increased in neighboring states such as mine (Oklahoma) as Texans cross state lines for abortions. Our legislature is now debating a bill nearly identical to the Texas law. Indeed, no time for complacency.

9. anglican74

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    you guys give me hope that Christians are standing up against the sacrifice of Moloch

PDL likes this.