An Anglican Sojourner Fellowship

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Forfar, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Forfar

Forfar New Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican Christian
    I have joined this forum as a result of stumbling across the proposal for an Orthodox Episcopalian Sojourner Fellowship on this site. As I understand it, the intention is primarily to engage in intercessory prayer. I thought that you might be interested in a current initiative in ( but not limited to) Canada. Under the sponsorship of the Anglican Network in Canada we are creating an Anglican Sojourner’ Fellowship committed to reach out to isolated orthodox Anglicans (and other Christians) to provide an online community, nurture and resources to enable them to serve their Lord and one another.as disciples. Our specific objectives include:
    1. To provide shelter and community for all Christian orphans through online fellowship and belonging;
    2. To provide contacts and resources to assist them to find local churches or to establish local house church fellowships, while enabling them to continue to draw from and contribute to the life and the resources of the virtual network
    3. To connect to faithful Anglican church communities in Canada and world wide through the Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans
    4. To use the resources of the network as it develops to attract new Christians to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
    We are in the process of going live with a website in the next several weeks. When that happens I will be happy to post a link here. In the meantime if you are interested in learning more please contact me by email.

Mark Larratt-Smith
    Anglican Sojourner Fellowship Convenor

nkygreg and Remembrance like this.
  2. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Franciscan - Anglican
    Welcome to the forum...

3. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Welcome to our Anglican forum.

...Scottish Monk

4. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Franciscan - Anglican
    I must be thick but:

I know what sojourner means, but what has that got to do with what flavour of the Anglican Church you go to in North America...
    I am really confused about all this, maybe we are way too quick to create divisions because we don't agree with something the other lot are doing. :(

5. Anna Scott

Anna Scott Well-Known Member

Forfar,
    Welcome to Anglican Forums.

6. Andy Cothran

Andy Cothran Active Member

united states
    Religion:
    protestant
    Welcome fofar :)