ACNA Seminaries

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by mark1, Aug 9, 2012.

1. mark1

mark1 Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Does ACNA have any of its own seminaries? I presume they still get lots of folks from Nashotah and Trinity as we do in our diocese.

2. The Hackney Hub

The Hackney Hub Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    The Episcopal Church
    Well they have the RE seminaries. They allow seven or so seminaries as the "official" ones. They include all the RE schools, Trinity, Nashotah, Gordon-Comwell, and I think an Orthodox one.

3. Bolman Deal

Bolman Deal New Member

I've heard, though nobody's confirmed, that there is an agreement in process between Gordon Conwell, Erskine, Trinity - Ambridge, and Nashotah House. "Agreement" is the term the person used, and I don't know what he meant by it. It may just be a reciprocal agreement to credit courses taken at those institutions.

Toma likes this.
  4. CatholicAnglican

CatholicAnglican Active Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Traditional Catholic
    My soon to be Priest studied at Nashotah House and was ordained to Deacon there

5. The Hackney Hub

USA
    Religion:
    The Episcopal Church
    Although Nashotah is a TEC seminary. Trinity is loosely TEC as well.

6. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    There may be some kind of alliance developing between Asbury Theological Seminary and ACNA. The ACNA Archbishop held a series of meetings there a couple of weeks ago. However, I must say the traditional theological position of this school has not included Anglicanism, but conservative Methodism and the Wesleyan Holiness Tradition. Yet, Asbury's tradition may provide a balance to the reformed position of some of the other seminaries listed in this thread.

...Scottish Monk

7. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Has more happened on this front? I can't see the ACNA growing much bigger without its own seminaries. Having moved back to the south, I've become painfully aware of how faint the ACNA's presence is outside of urban areas. The rub is that rural areas are probably the best zones for traditional, conservative Anglicanism to flourish.

8. The Hackney Hub

USA
    Religion:
    The Episcopal Church
    ACNA is following PECUSA's growth pattern with heavy concentration in urban areas and the Southeast but nothing really in rural areas or the Midwest.

9. The Hackney Hub

USA
    Religion:
    The Episcopal Church
    This all being the result of Anglicanism in this country giving up its calling to preach the Gospel and, rather, serve as a religious social club for American, upper middle class, white folks.

Spherelink likes this.
  10. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican
    We need to redouble our efforts.