A Funny thing happened to us at Communion. What about you?

Discussion in 'Questions?' started by Tiffy, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    My wife is a retired priest in the Church of England, one of the first ordained. We are in interregnum right now and so she is helping out in a quite 'high' Anglo Catholic, until very recently previously 'men only' A&B measures, parish, so with some trepidation she celebrated communion today, the first Sunday of Lent, and I preached.

She is also registered blind and has to use her new iPad to read the service from, while others prepare the table and do the ablutions for her. The servers and Thurifer are all most helpful for her. It was agreed by many who came forward to say afterward that she did it all very well and meaningfully.

All went well until the Final Dismissal.

"Go in peace, to Love and Serve The LORD". She said.

To which Siri helpfully responded for all to clearly hear over Christine's radio mic:

"You'll need to be on line to do that".

The congregation fell apart laughing.

As our choir processed out there was not a single face not smiling.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  2. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I hope Siri can be disabled for the future services! She is a menace to good religion! :laugh:

3. 97lukebewin

97lukebewin New Member

United States
    Religion:
    Evangelical
    In todays service the priest said something in regards to serving the Lord, and Siri also spoke up, "that cannot be disabled at this time" lol

Tiffy likes this.
  4. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Going in peace to love and serve the LORD should certainly be done on line too though nowadays. :hmm:

5. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Our rector began Sunday's sermon by posing the question, do zombies exist? He mentioned the "Walking Dead" show and its spinoffs, as well as the many movies and shows that have been made, which reflect ancient questions about whether the dead walk among us. He intended to explain that the unredeemed are 'walking dead' in a spiritual sense. But before he could reach that point, his visiting granddaughter (about 4 years old, I think) sitting in the front pew said loudly, "Zombies are not real!" Everyone got a chuckle.

Tiffy and Thomas Didymus like this.
  6. Nevis

Nevis Member

Deutschland
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Funny!