“Devout Catholic” U.S. Vice President Joe Biden Officiates Gay Wedding [ChurchPop]

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by World Press, Aug 5, 2016.

1. World Press

World Press Active Member

“Devout Catholic” U.S. Vice President Joe Biden Officiates Gay Wedding

by ChurchPOP Editor - Aug 1, 2016

This really happened.

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, often described as a “devout Catholic,” officiated a same-sex wedding at his home and posted a photo of it on Twitter.

Here’s the tweet:

Screen-Shot-2016-08-02-at-12.04.06-PM.png

The tweet was sent out on the official Vice President Twitter account, rather than his personal account. It reads: “Proud to marry Brian and Joe at my house. Couldn’t be happier, two longtime White House staffers, two great guys.”

Vice President Biden says he is a devout Catholic who attends Mass and prays the rosary. He once told Stephen Colbert on his show, “For me, my religion is just an enormous sense of solace. Some of it relates to ritual, some of it relates to just comfort in what you’ve done your whole life. I go to Mass and I’m able to just be alone, even in the crowd. I say the rosary, I find it to be incredibly comforting.”

https://churchpop.com/2016/08/02/devout-catholic-vice-president-joe-biden-officiates-gay-wedding/