Are we saved by our own efforts or are we saved by God's efforts ?

Discussion in 'Philosophy, Truth, and Ethics' started by arik88, Jan 25, 2023.

1. arik88

arik88 Member

mexico
    Religion:
    adventist
    Where are you in the world did you get saved because you wanted or because you asked for it ? Can we be saved because Jesus wanted it or becuase you were destined tell you own testimony how you are saved ? Tell us how you were saved and what you wanted was by your will or by God's will. Because you can't be saved by your own efforts only by God's who put you in your life ?

2. arik88

arik88 Member

mexico
    Religion:
    adventist
    When the Lord divides the sheep from the goats, to which group do you believe he will be gathered?

God saves those - who 'save' themselves.
    God condemns those - who 'condemn' themselves ?

What efforts one asks ? efforts because people are too arrogant and trust in thier own ways and thinks they are always right they do not trust in G-d but rather trust in technology, money, and thier own hands they can do God's will with that if they really trusted.

3. CRfromQld

CRfromQld Moderator Staff Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    We are saved by Faith, but true faith will be expressed in works. It is the faith that saves and works are the fruit

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

James 2:14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?
    20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless.?
    25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

arik88 likes this.
  4. arik88

arik88 Member

mexico
    Religion:
    adventist
    Faith is ? Why we are saved not by our works, All of us an ask God if we putted things in his hands or we failed ? Know that only thru God's effort are you saved everything else is minimal your not relying 100% in God's help and Jesus lioved in 100% truly is the same discusion we have in freewill you don't put your will in God's will therefor all of you and to do that you must pray and pray like Jesus and like he said rely on God's intervention. Just remember when A storm comes it doens'0t mean you stay in the storm and rely on God and just don't move i'm not meaning that !

But you move from the storm even jesus when he was persecuted he left when he was threaten by people in villages by pharisees and threaten to stoned him he left rather to enter in conflict. You move from the storm and run if God preordained you move in the storm and survive he's will he will make it happen just for you to be part of his plan in special way. No your not putting things in God's hands you have conflict with you will and God's will because you say that but you cannot complete the task.

You speak like your scared and can put your will because you cannot understand to be in his will 100% I have been in 100% with him in sometimes and sometimes 88% and 45% sometimes 50% trust him and someitmes I failed the other 50% know yo can't have 100% right away but Jesus he had always 100% that is why. He said he came here being God as the son and showing man to be the second Adam thru trusting in the lord in pitchblack darkness by praying and only praying he did not bring angels and when Judah who betray him wanted force him like some evangelical pastors say so to bring A host of angels to bring his judgement and save him so the romans would be destroy by some historians account.

5. arik88

arik88 Member

mexico
    Religion:
    adventist
    Jesus did nothing but did what he want meant to do pay for your sins and did not come with sword but that will be in the end times. And for you to get 100% pray and pray and alsoe love thy neighbor do his will and do what ephesians 5:18-20

18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Pur purpsoe since the Eden was for to sing like in heaven and sing hossanah hossanah hossanh that is our purpose. Can we do still the plan of God back in those days is what the plan of God is today ? Yes and Jesus said

Luke 24:44
    Jesus said to them, “These are the words I spoke to you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about Me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms.”

Jesus is the second Adam and he's purose was for us to be like Jesus to do his will by relying in him 100% you can't do the 100% I reccomend you test yourself and do what he wants !