The failure of Anglican Conciliarism

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Ananias, Jul 27, 2022.

1. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Keep fighting the long defeat as Tolkien said. Also take heart Christ has overcame the world and nothing not even the gates of Hell will prevail against his Church.

2. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
  3. Ananias

Ananias Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    ACNA
    Thanks for the link, @anglican74

Here is the telling bit:

Emphasis mine.

There's no "as if" about it. This whole process was designed and implemented precisely to avoid any kind of firm decision or conclusion at the end. Institutionally, confusion benefits Canterbury far more than clarity. I've suspected for a long time that Abp. Welby's strategy at Lambeth regarding the 1.10 issue would be obfuscation, confusion, and delay; and so it has proved. But the execution of the strategy has been absolutely shambolic, with the result that rather than maintaining the status quo for a while longer, this conference may be the charge the blows it apart. It's as if the Anglican consensus was Schroedinger's cat, locked in a box for two decades -- opening the box showed that the cat was, in fact, dead.

What happens from here on out is a salvage operation.

*I'm not sure the word "Communion" is still the proper term for the apparatus we see in Lambeth at the moment.

4. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Agree with all the things you’ve said.. i do think that Conciliarism would be that “salvage operation” from what is happening at the moment