Man kills 3 at Episcopal Church potluck in Alabama

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Invictus, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
  2. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    This is sad and complex. Speaking for many outside the US I can simply say, our eyes have grown weary with weeping for your children.

Somehow we must all understand that the answer to gun violence, whatever it may be, it almost certainly is not more guns.

eirna, Tiffy, ZachT and 3 others like this.
  3. Clayton

Clayton Active Member

United States
    I don’t be think the number of guns, whether it be more or less, is the issue. The problem is that there are too many hands ready to do violence.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  4. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Very sad. We all want to be in prayer for those folks.

This is also an incentive for us all to be in prayer before each service, that all will be done decently and in order, with no mishaps or dangers. And take appropriate natural precautions as well.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  5. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

It is a tragedy.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord: and let light perpetual shine upon them.

I am the resurrection and the life, saith the Lord; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live; and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.

I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth; and though this body be destroyed, yet shall I see God; whom I shall see for myself and mine eyes shall behold, and not as a stranger.

For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For if we live, we live unto the Lord; and if we die, we die unto the Lord. Whether we live, therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s.

Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord; even so saith the Spirit, for they rest from their labors.

Botolph likes this.
  6. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    I used to go to church and know the man whose brother was killed here pretty well.