Vatican's recent moves to officially embrace LGBT

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by anglican74, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    There’s nothing normal about the posts @Anglican Observer is referring to.

2. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    I think it would be very interesting and opportune to make a biblical and prophetic historic of the Church, that is the body of Christ.

First, I would like to remember that the apostate environment of the former and powerful Church of the Lord JESUS in Rome(Romans 1:v.7-8), and later becoming the birth place, the cradle of Antichrist, because the church fell in the hands of the Devil, and still remains until the current time. I'm sure that you know that this satanic event was a prophesied by Daniel when he was captive in Babylon. Daniel revealed to the King of Babylon that would rise after him several reigns. And Daniel highlighted one, the fourth kingdom, which was represented in the TWO LEGS of the great estatue, and Daniel said to the king: Daniel 2:v.40 - The fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

Now see, the Gentile Roman Empire was established, and when our GOD sent JESUS the nation of Israel, the descendants of Abraham, the special people of GOD, was under the dominion of the Roman Empire, although be a very very high people than the Gentiles, being 10 tribes of Israel, the clay as says Isaiah 64:v.8, and two tribe of Judah.

JESUS preached the Gospel of GOD's Kingdom when the Roman Empire dominated all nations, include Israel, but the Power of JESUS's preaching and the development of His Church after His ascension shook the Roman Empire. Churches were established among the Gentiles, mainly in Asia, and in Rome, besides Israel, and then the Christianity started to rise within the Roman Empire, and would extend in whole Earth. Paul even preached the Gospel in Spain, and the fame AS WHETHER WAS a new "religion or sect" planted by JESUS in Israel was spreading everywhere.

And from there it happened that Satan worked through the church of Rome, because at that time the church of Rome was very influenced by Jews, enemies of JESUS, and they corrupted the church of Rome with their apostasies and idolatries. In fact, there were many Jews in Rome, and they began to persecute the true believers with the help of Roman authorities, and a false Christianity was developed through the apostate church of Rome, they even killed the apostle Paul, among many believers, so the Church of Rome became the satanic birthplace, the cradle, of Antichrist, was born the Catholic Church, later Roman Catholic Church. The Apostle John wrote: 1 John 2:v.18-21
    18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that Antichrist shall come, even now are there many Antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
    19 They (the Church of Rome) went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

As I above said, Daniel highlighted the fourth kingdom that was/is represented in the TWO LEGS of the great estatue-Daniel 2:v.40. The verse 41says: And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes (1O TOES), part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the KINGDOM (of Rome) shall be DIVIDED; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

I see Harlot Babylon as Rome, where European Civilization started as the 4th Beast. And it has continued well beyond the fall of Rome in 476 AD, and even well beyond the fall of Constantinople in 1453 AD. Rome was Christianized under Constantine and Theodosius, and eventually became the Holy Roman Empire and the Byzantine Empire. The Orthodox and Catholic branches of the old Roman Church roughly represents the 2 old branches of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire, thus the prophecy above described fulfilled LITERALY regardings the TWO LEGS of the fourth kingdom, the Roman Empire. By alegory, two legs represent the two branches of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire.

That said, and concluding, we can say by the Word of our GOD that everything that was and is linked to the TWO LEGS of iron, the Orthodox and Catholic branches of the old Roman Church, belongs to Satan and is in his dominion.

3. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    In my view, the problem with the Anglican Church is that when separated from the Roman Catholic Church they brought in their luggage the idolatries adopted by the Great Whore that rides upon the Beast of of sea, that is, the Beast of Rome, mainly the images. They changed the glory of the uncorruptible GOD into an image made like to corruptible MAN. This is diabolical.

4. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    In my view, you are mistaken. Historically of course, as Matthew Parker at some length to explains, the English Church was always separated from Rome, and was well in place before the Augustinian Mission. The conquest of the Norman in 1066, with the backing of the Pope whose banners were carried into battle at Battle, near Hastings, was an attempt to deprive the English Church of its autocephalous status, which was re-asserted by the various acts of separation of the 16th Century.

I have a friend who is a priest in the Independent Catholic Church of Brazil, and I wonder what you would say of them?

5. Elijah148

Elijah148 New Member

Germany
    Religion:
    Christian
    Roman Catholic traditionalists are well aware of this. Sources of Catholic Dogma (Denzinger), Catechism of Trent and Doctors of the Roman Church (akin to the Anglican divines) like Alphonsus Liguori, Francis de Sales and Robert Bellarmine are used by them to defend their faith against what's perceived as modernist attack.

Elmo likes this.
  6. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
  7. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    upload_2022-6-23_21-21-56.jpeg

Botolph likes this.
  8. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Can’t say I am surprised by this… “Francis affirms transgender couple”

9. Botolph

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    OK. I listened to the whole video. I understand that some Catholics want to have it out with the current pope, and with the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives. I am not sure how relevant it is to me, as an Anglican living in Australia. Frankly, I think it is clear that any task of leadership in the Church these days is a seemingly thankless task. There are a lot of cheers and tears, however, what we really need is more compassion and some courageous listening. Standing on the corner declaring that Jesus is the answer without listening to the questions is not going to get us very far.

We have seen in Australia the launch of a new GAFCON-sponsored Church in Australia this week. Clearly, that has been coming for a long time, and it is really too early to say anything about it. I suspect the tenor and flavour of it will be similar to and different from the GAFCON expressions which I read in North America and in Africa.

What worries me about the conservative wing of the Church, (and in the main, I am also conservative) is a tendency to neigh saying.

Stalwart likes this.
  10. Ananias

Ananias Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    ACNA
    Orthodox Anglicans are yelling "FIRE" because the house is burning down.

The "ecclesial deficit" in the Anglican communion has become plain to all after Lambeth 2022, and we're now seeing the various provinces adjusting to this new reality. What may be perceived as "naysaying" is in many cases just an honest assessment of the tattered state of the Anglican fabric right now. Having observed the raging inferno of heterodox teachings coming out of their liberal leadership, many orthodox Anglicans are trying to save the structure before it is entirely destroyed. The African churches are busy building firewalls, as are the Aussies.

Time will tell if these measures are adequate -- I suspect they won't be. Institutional Anglicanism centered around the Instruments of Unity is a dead parrot. A new consensus is being developed as we speak -- Africa is now the center, not England.

Stalwart likes this.
  11. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    You, a conservative? :jawdrop: I would not have guessed; you always struck me as a moderate, right down the centerline. :)

Does "neigh saying" have anything to do with "horsing around"? :biglaugh: Nay, say it isn't so! :rofl:

Stalwart likes this.
  12. Botolph

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Given how far to the left the game has moved, those who once stood near the centre and now pushed solidly to the right without moving! You can be quite sure I am not moderately Anglican.

Christians in general, and Anglicans in particular, should be known for what they are for, not for what they are against. We should be concerned to raise Jesus higher, rather than raising the walls higher to keep 'them' out.

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself. John 12:32

The purpose of the Elizabethan Settlement was to create an environment where all could be loyal to Christ and Monarch. It is both the genius and the Achilles heel of our tradition. Far too many Anglicans a keen to point out that it doesn't stretch far enough for the other, and so we tear the cloth of this fragile tent.

Stalwart likes this.