New Anglican college has just launched!

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by anglican74, Jun 9, 2022.

1. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
  2. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Why did they launch in California? That is just dumb. Happy it opened though

3. Br. Thomas

Br. Thomas Active Member

U.S.A.
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    The new launch is an off-shoot of the Saint Andrews group that worked with Lance Davis in getting The Anglican Office Book published in the near past.

4. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    I think it is because St Andrews Almanor is a highly successful Anglican classical school over in California, so they are building on the huge established base of parents and families they already have

Br. Thomas and bwallac2335 like this.
  5. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I looked closely at the website and this is all still quite tentative for only being 2 months from the beginning of the academic semester. One problem is that the only degree they are preparing to offer is liberal arts.

6. Upward Trajectory

Upward Trajectory New Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    bwallac2335 and Br. Thomas like this.
  7. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I live in the UK and am not sure what the problem, if any, would be in opening this college in California. Could you please explain?

8. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    California is our most liberal state and is or at least can be hostile to Christianity. Also is a very expensive place to live and buy property. A more favorable climate for a Christian college would be a place like Alabama, Texas, South Carolina or somewhere like that. Also California is prone to severe drought, power outages, and wildfires.

PDL likes this.
  9. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    I’d put the New England states higher than California. California also has the second-highest number of churches in the country. If Christians in California had their own State, it would be the 3rd largest one in the Union. Or one could compare the State to those in the Unchurched Belt. In the most literal sense of the word “climate”, California is far more ideal than Texas, Alabama, or South Carolina. In terms of political and educational climate, California has a far better and more consistent track record hosting and facilitating institutions of higher learning than any State in the Southeast. California also regulates those entities better so that the potential for fraud is minimized. I think they made a good choice.

Shane R likes this.
  10. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    There regulations might be better but the reason but the rest about if Christians in California had their own state and the amount of churches is just due to how huge their population is. There are a lot of conservative republicans there but they never vote red and have no power. As for a better climate yeah the temps in most of the state might be better but those states I listed don[t get the wild fires, and extreme droughts.

11. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    but you are right the North East is probably more liberal.