Women in Church Choirs vs Catholic Tradition

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by J_Jeanniton, Sep 24, 2021.

1. J_Jeanniton

J_Jeanniton Member

As you have long known, I have already started a thread entitled, "Women in Church Music and Church Choirs". In my latest post, I have made the point that whenever Anglo-Catholics cannot prove from Scripture that the employment of women as members of church choirs is contrary to divine law, they make the appeal to church tradition. Their argument is this: "Would it not be the most insolent insanity, as Augustine said, to dispute whether something, which the universal Church does throughout the whole world, should be done or not? Therefore it would follow all the MORE that it have been "the most insolent insanity" for any mere part of the universal church to engage in any ecclesiastical, liturgical, devotional, hymnological, or choral custom contrary to that which is the universal received perpetual custom of the "the universal Church ... throughout the whole world"! But one of the received universal time-honored perpetual customs of the universal church is that cathedral, yea, and even parish choirs should consist of men and boys only and that females should be entirely excluded. Ergo: It is not permissible for any mere part of the church catholic to allow women and girls to sing in their church choirs. QED"

2. Othniel

Othniel Active Member Typist

Canada
    Religion:
    Christian
    Why are you spam posting the same text across multiple threads?

3. J_Jeanniton

J_Jeanniton Member

Sorry about that. I will try not to do so again.