Anglican Catholic Church and Diocese of the Holy Cross

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Br. Thomas, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Br. Thomas

Br. Thomas Active Member

U.S.A.
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    This coming week, both the Anglican Catholic Church and the Diocese of the Holy Cross are having their Provincial Synod meetings in conjunction with each other. The Synods will consider a proposal that the Diocese of the Holy Cross merge with the Anglican Catholic Church, becoming a non-geographical diocese of the ACC. This will, God willing, be a great advancement in toward the unity of traditional Anglicans.

I put this out from the announcement made today by our parish in Gainesville GA, Saint of Francis of Assisi, Anglican Catholic Church.

2. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    congratulations! it is always good to see such news

Matthew J Taylor and Br. Thomas like this.
  3. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    I can only see that as good news. Hopefully their will be some domestic expanding coming on from them.

4. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    I wonder how they are doing in terms of planting new churches.. from what I recall that was one of the obstacles to their growth

5. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hot off the ACC presses today, the merger passed and the G4 will proceed as G3.

In an historic moment for the continuing church, the Diocese of the Holy Cross (DHC) voted unanimously to join the Anglican Catholic Church as a non-geographic diocese. DHC clergy already serve in the ACC, but have now been included in ACC governing bodies. The move transforms what has been commonly known as the G-4 Anglicans into the G-3. Representatives from the other members of the group (the Anglican Province of America and the Anglican Church in America) were present in support of the move as the next step towards organic unity. All three groups have pledged to continue the process as they prepare for another joint synod in 2023.
    https://anglicancatholic.org/news/g...8HZ81oUR5mOSApCR8qV2BtbwNcqoCIgFtvuBFdKHsnglI

6. Br. Thomas

Br. Thomas Active Member

U.S.A.
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    Beat me to it .....