Traditional Anglicanism on an upswing!

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Stalwart, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
  2. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    The North American Anglican is running a feature on successful mission launches during Covid. The first installment featured 2 REC projects: Church Planting in Covidtide: Moral Courage and Sacramental Witness, Part I | The North American Anglican (northamanglican.com)

There is a second installment coming to highlight Continuing projects. Fr. Tarsitano of the ACC has also been writing periodic reports on his mission activity in Indiana for them.

The OAC has begun a monthly church planting round table with participants in 4 states and Ontario. Each of these locations is scheduled for a mission launch. The folks in Ontario got going first but they've been hampered in public gatherings by the regulations of their provincial gov't. A new project just launched in Arkansas. My project is in negotiations for a facility in Ohio and we've got a person in Michigan who's gearing up. The other state is South Carolina, where we already have several locations but are planning another launch or two. Equally notable is that one of our missions that was on the verge of closing the doors has come out of that struggle more or less rebooted.

Spiritus, Stalwart and Ananias like this.
  3. Ananias

Ananias Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    ACNA
    I'm not going to lie, this paragraph bothers me:
    I've been in several churches that do this over the years, and it always ends badly. Too many of these "seeker-friendly" churches bring people in with a charismatic approach, only to find out that the new converts like the packaging better than they do the actual product. Of course churches should always have a spirit of koinonia, but without good doctrine the whole thing is empty theatrics.

Othniel and Stalwart like this.
  4. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Roman Catholic
    Arkansas has been sorely lacking in the traditional/orthodox Anglican department. I'm glad to hear the OAC is building a presence here. Any idea which part of the state they're working in?

Cooper and Stalwart like this.
  5. Shane R

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    St. Thomas Anglican Missio, Harrison

Spiritus likes this.
  6. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Roman Catholic
    That's a bit far from me, but I might check it out if I'm ever in the area. I do have some Anglican friends that live closer, and I'll definitely let them know about it.

Shane R likes this.
  7. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
  8. Sean611

Sean611 Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    This is great news! I would just like to say that the cathedral church (which was just consecrated btw!) in the continuing Holy Catholic Church Anglican Rite received 13 new members a few weeks ago and launched a new mission in Seattle, will be launching a new mission in Lexington, Missouri, and ordained three men to the diaconate at the provincial synod! From what I understand, after years of being on the defensive, the church is now on the offensive and is seeing steady growth once again. We use the 1928 BCP, the 1940 Hymnal, and the Anglican/American Missal as a supplement.

Spiritus, there is a Holy Catholic Church Anglican Rite parish in Arkansas:

Corpus Christi Anglican Church
    1700 Prairie Creek Dr
    Rogers, AR 72756
    (479) 903-7080

9. Shane R

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Friend, I believe that parish may be defunct. Fr. Rice has incardinated into the Orthodox Anglican Church and is the priest forming St. Thomas, Harrison.

Also, it is worth mentioning that Fr. Tarsitano of Trinity Anglican, Connersville, IN incardinated (or is doing so) into the REC this month.

10. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    At my parish we just confirmed or received 11 new members last Sunday.

Stalwart and Shane R like this.
  11. Sean611

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    Thank you for the info, Shane. I believe Fr. Don Holley might be the priest-in-charge there. The bishop just visited the parish in Arkansas a few weeks ago and I am quite sure it is still active. I will ask this Sunday and post what I find out. We definitely need to step up our online presence, though they keep an active Facebook page.

12. Sean611

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    Hello Spiritus (and any others who might be interested), I just wanted to say I have confirmed that Corpus Christi Anglican Church (HCCAR) is still active in Rogers, Arkansas. Fr. Don Holley is the priest-in-charge, here is the contact information with an updated phone number:

1700 Prairie Creek Dr
    Rogers, AR, 72756
    (816) 797-2237

Spiritus likes this.
  13. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I think the days of milquetoast Christianity are over. Playing dress up and church roleplay just isn’t worth it.

Spiritus likes this.
  14. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Roman Catholic
    I’ve gone there a few times. They have a beautiful liturgy. On the rare occasion I run across traditional leaning Anglicans in NW Arkansas I point them in that direction.