Video production using the Daily Lectionary

Discussion in 'Liturgy, and Book of Common Prayer' started by Tony Comegys, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Tony Comegys

Tony Comegys New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Florida
    Thanks in part to COVID, our church has begun to reach beyond the pews and invest resources into producing content for social media and our website. We've experimented with a number of ideas and formats and have had some success with a number of programs.

Over the last few months, we've had particular success with a program based on the Daily Lectionary, The Word of God with Father Reid, which is distributed as a video and audio podcast. Currently, we've reached a about 2k per week, which is a milestone for us.

I use forums and outlets such as this for research and insights. I hope you don't mind.

I'm curious about audience potential, which will help determine how much time and money to invest. Is this program something you might be interested in watching or sharing with your church?

https://fb.watch/6xKqb0nUrZ/

Any feedback is very much welcomed.

2. ZachT

ZachT Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I think this is a brilliant idea. I'll certainly share it around, I think it would be useful to people who can't make the morning prayer in my Church, but would like to get the same value out of discussions/explanations around the readings that they can't get from reading the lectionary on their own.

3. Othniel

Othniel Active Member Typist

Canada
    Religion:
    Christian
    Gave a follow on FB, will check it out later on today.

4. Fr. Brench

Fr. Brench Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Oh, is this the 1979 daily lectionary? :hmm:

5. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    The video sample looks good. My biggest peeve with these sorts of projects is when they are extremely amateurish; ie. someone mounted a smart phone on their desk and didn't make out any kind of script so they are going off the top of their head and interspersing more vocalized pauses than commentary.

Othniel likes this.
  6. Othniel

Othniel Active Member Typist

Canada
    Religion:
    Christian
    I watched a bit of one video last night- the one thing I would say was that the microphone seemed high, at least, in the camera field of view, and the speaker seemed to be facing a bit of an awkwardly high angle from the front. From a side view, it didn't seem as awkward.