Favorite traditions in Easter Week

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by anglican74, Apr 6, 2021.

1. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    What are your favorite traditions during the easter week.? I am trying to get our family into more of them.. A lady at church gave us a wonderful flower pot of Easter lilies on Saturday, and they bloomed overnight into gorgeous yellow Lilies on sunday (which I suppose is the whole symbolism)

I want to know of people make any special delicacies on Easter, things like that

Please note, I am not talking about the easter eggs, that's a pagan tradition and not really interesting to me

2. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    I celebrate the whole week. I eat like I am feasting for the week. On the day we gather as a family and invite all friends who will be alone to be with us. We go to church.

3. anglican74

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Did u do a fast beforehand?

4. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    I did. It was quite the struggle this year for me.

5. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I was raised in a tradition that scorns Easter and Christmas and any other church holiday. Every Sunday was supposed to be exactly the same. There was no rhythm to the year other than a dull monotony. Once in a while we would go to my Lutheran grandparents' house for Christmas and that was always a welcome change, even though in the evenings my brother and I would get a lecture about what was wrong with what our grandparents were doing.

It's been nearly a decade now since I went my own way. I've been figuring some of these things out as I go. I'm still working out how my children will experience church holidays.

I've noticed many clergy like to take some vacation days after Easter. I think a handful of my colleagues are on the beaches in the Carolinas this week. Another one slipped up into the Smokey Mountains for the week. I was thinking of taking my kids to Ocean City, Maryland this weekend but the weather forecast is not favorable.

6. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    Why did Cambelites scorn Easter and Christmas?

7. anglican74

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Rest is always good... I have seen some people make cross-shaped cinnamon buns, so that's an interesting cooking tradition to get into as well.. Maybe could ask my wife to make the easter roast next year

The gift of easter lilies really impressed me; overnight from Saturday to Sunday the dull earth became bright yellow and full of life on Sunday morning

8. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    There is no painstakingly explicit statement in the New Testament commanding them to do so. Then some of the usual propaganda about the pagan origins and so on.

Attitudes are softening toward Christmas and Easter. Many adherents of those churches have become embarrassed by their historical positions on a number of common practices. They have also largely come under the influence of broader American evangelicalism.

9. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    It is gratifying to see servants of The Lord living life abundantly as has been gifted to them by God's grace.

Glad to see anyone ditching puritanical party pooping misery and encouraging thankfulness to God for his bounteous goodness. :cheers: