Anglican tag?

Discussion in 'New Members' started by AugustusTopladyFan, Jan 17, 2021.

1. AugustusTopladyFan

AugustusTopladyFan New Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Greetings, thanks for accepting my membership. I have read the FAQ and still don't totally understand the 'Anglican' tag. Is it simply an identifier of the Anglicans here, or must one be a member for a while or meet a certain post count to receive it? Because as an Anglican, I would enjoy having it below my username. Thanks.

2. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hi, @AugustusTopladyFan the Anglican tag is made available to those who are prepared to subscribe to the thirty nine articles.

I take it you like Rock of Ages cleft for me. I was my family hymn (apparently) and I got into a deal of strife for not having it at my wedding.

AugustusTopladyFan likes this.
  3. AnglicanAgnostic

AnglicanAgnostic Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    Hi Augustus you can find out all about the Anglican tag by looking in the Community pages and then looking at "Anglican Orthodoxy" There is a statement there you can agree to if you want. Keep in mind it is only what some people affirm is true Anglicanism.

As an aside if you are meant to consent to the 1662 BoCP is there somewhere we can see the original 1662 text, so we can read the fine print?

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

It is simply an identifier. :)