The Goddess Rosary

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by Chartreux, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Chartreux

Chartreux Member

2. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    If she was a Hippy, New Age, Roman Catholic Lutheran perhaps.

You are aware of course that wisdom is a woman metaphorically I suppose?

That though would not make this necessarily a suitable gift to give at a priesting, particularly an Evangelically, Liberal, ex-Methodist Mystic such as is my wife.

Religious people get up to some weird things and this goddess-rosary thing falls into the category of weird, though I also find some of the women opposed to Women's Ordination a bit weird, particularly the rosary juggling RC kind, who seem to like pharisee-speak more than Jesus'-teaching. One of them even hit my wife round the head with a rolled up newspaper in the street years ago. That one was notoriously known to be 'brain addled' though, throughout the entire parish. A female village idiot. We just tolerated her and prayed for her to get better soon. :laugh:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  3. Chartreux

Chartreux Member

Yes, the heresy of Sophianism was condemned by the Russian Orthodox, which tries to make Mary a fourth member of the trinity.

4. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    I don't see a logical connection between Sophia, ie. Wisdom - (Prov.1:20-33) being metaphorically female, and a weird form of Russian Maryidiology though. You know more than me about that it would seem. But then probably most people know more than me about those weird Russian kind of things.

5. Chartreux

Chartreux Member

Take a look at my thread 'the inevitable deification of Mary' where I discuss one person's apologetic for Mary-worship, as evidenced by the apocryphal books.

6. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Well! You could knock me down with a feather! I'm astonished. You have, for probably the first time in a number of years, guided me to a point of total theological agreement between myself and Stalwart. HERE.:laugh:

Thank you for that experience. :) :thumbsup: