If you were going to teach a Bible Study

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by bwallac2335, Sep 2, 2020.

1. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    If you were going to teach a Bible Study what resources would you use? I also want to do church history as my next study group session

2. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    One professor at Trinity Evangelical School for Ministry was using Turning Points by Mark Noll as his church history textbook. This book is not intended to be a textbook or a seminary level book. It is rather a volume targeted to the interested layman. As such, it would be an excellent choice for a study group. The book does not seek to examine church history exhaustively, but chooses 13 snapshots from crucial periods of church history and devotes a chapter to examining each one. This is a very readable approach to history.

The book is now in its 3rd edition, which will run you at least $12 per copy. Previous editions can be had for as little as $4.

bwallac2335 likes this.
  3. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    I actually own and have read that book.

Shane R likes this.
  4. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

If you are working through the Lectionary, I am a fan of Lectionary Central. It provides commentaries each reading from a number of important writers throughout the history of the church.

http://www.lectionarycentral.com/

bwallac2335 likes this.
  5. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    Thanks